CAPT JOHN LAKE, LOG-AIR (HR) 00328 / CAPITAINE JOHN LAKE, LOG-AIR (HR) 00328
RETIREMENT – CAPT JOHN LAKE, LOG-AIR (HR) 00328
- After almost 32 years of loyal and dedicated service Capt John Lake will retire from the Canadian Armed Forces on 22 May 2017.
- Originally from Cobourg, Ontario, Capt John Lake joined the Canadian Armed Forces in 1984 as a Field Engineer. His first posting was to 1 CER in Chilliwack. In 1988 he went to 5 CER in Valcartier and although he had enjoyed life in the field he felt his future was elswhere and re-mustered to Construction Engineering Procedures (CEP) Technician. After trades training in 1991 He was posted to CFB Trenton to work in the CE Section where In 1995 he deployed to Port-au-Prince, Haiti in support of the UN mission and was awarded the US Army Achievement medal.
- With the trade amalgamation of the Admin Clerks, Fin Clerks and CEP Techs in 1998, he reluctanly became a Resource Management Support Clerk which proved to be SERENDIPITOUS as he was soon promoted to Sgt and after a short posting WITH THE Comptroller at CFB Borden he was posted OUTCAN to Mons, Belgium where between european vacations he worked as the Operations NCO for the Senior NCO Allied Command Operations and the Chief Clerk at the Canadian Support Unit.
- In 2007 he was promoted to WO and went to 14 Wing Greenwood as the Chief Clerk. seeing clear blue airforce sky he commissioned from the ranks to Lt and completed his assimilation by trading his green uniform for blue and proceeded to Kandahar as the Admin Coord for TF silver dart. Returning to Canada he was selected for service with CANSOFCOM and was posted to Ottawa in 2011. Capt Lake continued to work with Special Forces until 2016 when he was posted to 19 Wing Comox to commence voc rehab.
- John plans to complete the Business Administration diploma program at North Island College while fishing (not catching) the rivers, LAKES AND OCEAN AROUND Vancouver Island with his wife PAULA. A SMALL CEREMONY WILL TAKE PLACE IN COMOX SOON. pLEASE SEND EMBARASSING ANECDOTES OR BEST WISHES TO MAJ STEVE GILLIS AT STEPHEN.GILLIS3(AT)FORCES.GC.CA BEFORE 17 MAY 17.
RETRAITE – CAPITAINE JOHN LAKE, LOG-AIR (HR) 00328
- APRES PRES DE 32 ANS DE BONS ET LOYAUX SERVICES, LE CAPT JOHN LAKE PRENDRA SA RETRAITE DES FORCES ARMEES CANADIENNES LE 22 MAI 2017.
- ORIGINAIRE DE COBOURG, EN ONTARIO, LE CAPT JOHN LAKE S ENROLE DANS LES FORCES ARMEES CANADIENNES EN 1984 EN TANT QUE SAPEUR. SA PREMIERE AFFECTATION A LIEU AU 1ER REGIMENT DU GENIE DE COMBAT (RGC) A CHILLIWACK, EN COLOMBIE-BRITANNIQUE. EN 1988, IL PASSE AU 5 RGC A VALCARTIER, AU QUEBEC. MEME S IL A BEAUCOUP AIME LA VIE SUR LE TERRAIN, IL ESTIME QUE SON AVENIR SE TROUVE AILLEURS. IL SE REENROLE COMME TECHNICIEN DES PROCEDURES DU GENIE CONSTRUCTION. APRES SON INSTRUCTION PROFESSIONNELLE EN 1991, IL EST AFFECTE A LA BFC TRENTON POUR TRAVAILLER A LA SECTION DE GENIE CONSTRUCTION, AVEC LAQUELLE, EN 1995, IL SE DEPLOIE A PORT-AU-PRINCE, A HAITI, EN APPUI A LA MISSION DES NATIONS UNIES. IL RECOIT ALORS LA US ARMY ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL.
- A LA SUITE DE LA FUSION DES GROUPES COMMIS ADMINISTRATIFS, COMMIS DES FINANCES ET TECHNICIENS DES PROCEDURES DU GENIE CONSTRUCTION EN 1998, IL DEVIENT A CONTRECŒUR COMMIS DE SOUTIEN A LA GESTION DES SERVICES, UN CHANGEMENT QUI LUI SOURIT, PUISQU IL EST RAPIDEMENT PROMU AU GRADE DE SERGENT, PUIS APRES UNE COURTE AFFECTATION AUPRES DU CONTROLEUR A LA BFC BORDEN, IL EST ENVOYE A L EXTERIEUR DU CANADA, A MONS, EN BELGIQUE, OU ENTRE DES VACANCES SUR LE CONTINENT EUROPEEN, IL TRAVAILLE COMME SOUS-OFFICIER DES OPERATIONS POUR LE SOUS-OFFICIER SUPERIEUR DU COMMANDEMENT ALLIE – OPERATIONS ET DU COMMIS EN CHEF A L UNITE DE SOUTIEN DU CANADA.
- EN 2007, IL MONTE EN GRADE, A ADJUDANT, ET S INSTALLE A LA 14E ESCADRE GREENWOOD, EN TANT QUE COMMIS EN CHEF. A LA VUE DU BEAU CIEL BLEU DE L AVIATION ROYALE, IL OBTIENT UNE COMMISSION DU RANG AU GRADE DE LIEUTENANT ET TERMINE SON ASSIMILITATION PAR L ECHANGE DE SON UNIFORME VERT POUR UN UNIFORME BLEU, PUIS SE REND A KANDAHAR POUR OCCUPER LES FONCTIONS DE COORDONNATEUR ADMINISTRATIF POUR LA FORCE OPERATIONNELLE SILVER DART. DE RETOUR AU CANADA, IL EST CHOISI POUR LE COMMANDEMENT DES FORCES D OPERATIONS SPECIALES DU CANADA (COMFOSCAN) ET EST AFFECTE A OTTAWA EN 2011. LE CAPT LAKE CONTINUE DE TRAVAILLER AVEC LES FORCES D OPERATIONS SPECIALES JUSQU EN 2016, LORSQU IL EST TRANSFERE A LA 19E ESCADRE COMOX POUR COMMENCER UNE READAPTATION PROFESSIONNELLE.
- JOHN PREVOIT TERMINER UN DIPLOME D ADMINISTRATION DES AFFAIRES AU NORTH ISLAND COLLEGE ENTRE LES SORTIE DE PECHE (SANS GRAND SUCCES) SUR LES PLANS D EAU DE L ILE DE VANCOUVER ET TOUT AUTOUR AVEC SA FEMME PAULA. UNE PETITE CEREMONIE DE DEPART A LA RETRAITE AURA LIEU A COMOX BIENTOT. NOUS VOUS PRIONS D ENVOYER LES ANECDOTES GENANTES ET LES MEILLEURS VOEUX AU MAJ STEVE GILLIS A STEPHEN.GILLIS3(AT)FORCES.GC.CA AVANT LE 17 MAI 2017.