Recommended Reading List
RCLSA Historical Reading List
Founding Corps Histories
- Sea Logistics: Keeping Canada’s Navy Ready Aye Ready. Author: Commander Mark Watson.
- Wait for the Waggon: The Story of the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps. Author: Arnold Warren.
- The Last Waggon: The Final Story of the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps. Author: Colonel J. Darrach Murray.
- To the Thunderer his Arms: The Royal Canadian Ordnance Corps.
Canadian Unit histories
- Le 51e Bataillion Des Serviced Du Canada (1901 – 2005). Author: Michel Litalien.
- United in Effort: Manitoba Combat Service Support History (1870 to 2015).
General Military Logistics
- Supplying War: Logistics from Wallenstein to Patton. Author: Martin Van Creveld.
- Feeding Victory: Innovative military logistics from Lake George to Khe Sanh. Author: Jobie Turner.
- The Lifeblood of War: Logistics in Armed Conflict. Author: Julian Thompson.
First World War
- Civilian Specialist at War – Britain’s Transport Experts and the First World War. Author: Christopher Phillips.
Second World War
- World War II Remembered: Memories and Recollections (Royal Canadian Army Service Corps).
- An Army of never-Ending Strength: Reinforcing the Canadians in Northwest Europe. Author: Arthur W. Gullachsen.
- Arnhem – The Fight to Sustain. Author: Frank Steer.
- The Gold Cross: One Man’s Window on the War. Author: David M. Dorward.
- Diary of 65 Canadian Tank Transporter Company (RCASC).
- What the Thunder Said: Reflections of a Canadian Officer in Kandahar. Author: LCol John Conrad.
- Logistics in the Falklands War: A case study in expeditionary warfare. Author: Kenneth L. Privratsky.
- Moving Mountains: Lessons in leadership and logistics from the Gulf War. Author: LGen W. Pagonis.
- Badges of the Empire’s Waggoners. Author: Michael McHenry and David Kellock (Asst by Gary Campbell).
- The Box: How the Shipping Container made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger; Marc Levinson; Princeton University Press, Princeton, 2006; ISBN 978-0691-12324-0 (A history of the development and the impact of the shipping container).
- Uncommon Carriers; John McPhee (A discussion of a series of different and fascinating transportation technologies).
- Charlie Foxtrot; Dr Kim Richard Nossal; Dundurn Press, Toronto, 2016 (A discussion of the nature and the impacts of the politicization of military procurement programs in Canada, including a detailed discussion of several selected cases)