CHANGES TO THE BAGGAGE POLICY FOR MEMBERS OF MILITARY TRAVELLING ON AIR CANADA FLIGHTS
Effective immediately, members of the Canadian and U.S. military benefit from an enhanced baggage allowance whenever they travel on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or Air Canada Express.
Eligible active and retired members of the Canadian and U.S. military are now entitled to check up to three pieces of checked baggage, each weighing up to 32 kg (70 lb) each. The allowance is applicable to the member of the military and is valid for both personal and duty travel. Airport Handling As eligibility is confirmed only after a valid military ID has been presented to one of our Customer Sales and Service Agents at the airport, self-service check-in will not automatically apply the increased baggage allowance.
Eligible members of the military may use the self-service (kiosk, web, mobile) to check-in, however to benefit from this enhanced baggage allowance please ensure that: • When prompted at check-in (online, on your mobile or at an airport kiosk), indicate that you are travelling without checked bags. • At the airport, see an Air Canada agent to have your bags tagged and checked free of charge, upon presentation of military identification.
If members are eligible for Priority Check-in, they may proceed directly to Priority Check-in, where the additional allowance will be applied by an agent after presentation of a valid military identification card. Acceptable forms of Canadian Military Identification
- DND ID card for National Defense (NDI 20)
- Record of Service Card (NDI 75)
- Any Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Benefit Card
- Discharge Certificate from any branch of the Canadian Military
- Statement of Service from any branch of the Canadian Military
- Certificate of Service (CF 54 or CF 75) from any branch of the Canadian Military
- Valid DND Temporary ID card (NDI 10)
- Canadian Forces or Former member CFOne card (with photo ID)
- Membership Card from the National Association of Federal Retirees (with photo ID)